Communication should always be driven by allowing a 2-way conversation to take place while recognizing the sensitivity in a situation and ensuring that whatever you say is appropriate. Understanding others perspectives since their perception of you will ultimately become your reality. Simple tools combined with the willingness to create a win-win environment will give any conversation an opportunity to create or sustain a successful relationship while building credibility with others.
It Begins with You
- We must understand and focus on what we can control and what we cannot control.
- Knowing our strengths and potential obstacles will create a foundation of communication success moving forward.
- Rewinding the tape - Personal examples of successful and challenging conversations
Perception Becomes our Reality
- Perception (Yours vs. Theirs)
- The impact perception from others can have on our career, image and working relationships
- P.I.E. model exercise (Performance, Image and Exposure)
- Listening skills that will look at the differences between active vs. passive listeners and the effects when using comprehension as the objective
- Ask the right questions to create dialogue and understanding from their point of view
- Listening exercise or assessment to determine listening strengths and liabilities
- VAK (Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic)
- Utilizing mirroring and matching to create a sense of comfort
- Understand communication roadblocks
- Using preferred communication channels to help build credibility