Intelligence Quotient (IQ) gets you hired. Emotional Quotient (or EI) gets you promoted. Key indicators understand how our emotions can become an asset rather than a liability when building relationships within the workplace while communicating more effectively with our coworkers. Becoming aware, regulating and motivating your emotions while recognizing the "triggers" that cause these reactions is a foundation for strong and healthy relationships.
- Define Emotional Intelligence and identify the power between different emotions
- Recognize emotional "triggers" and apply Emotional Intelligence strategies
- Understand the impact our EI has on connecting with others
- Show empathy by using strong listening skills
- Recognize how stress can cause emotional and physical responses that can have dual effects both positively and negatively
- Achieve healthy conflict through collaboration and emotional intelligence strategies
- Create a personal action plan with key emotional intelligence competencies